This would be my 5th blog I actually use. Yes, I am a bit of a blog whore. (edit: sorry, I knew this would cause problems when I wrote it, but i honestly didn't know how else to describe my blog-enthusiastic behaviour! Until I find better adjectives, I will co-op the language and use it in 'positive' ways like hug-whore and the like. Special, hyper, eccentric friends rubbed off on me~)
Though I use each for separate reasons.
My livejournal I use to get wicca/gsa/mental health info via the communities. I post my recent humanities essays (English and Social Studies), info on mental health, and once in a while rants on society. This is friends only
My two xangas are used for separate reasons. One, sugar_katana, I use to update my friends on my life- as the stuff in my lj is very, very personal. The other, college_witch, Only has two entries in it thus far, but will have more when I go to CMU for their pre-college summer program. (Art!)
My MySpace is used to keep tabs on people who I have vendettas on, but they don't know about it. Sorta like being stalkerish, but not.
This one, I was thinking about getting, but wasn't sure about. Wordpress.com and Blogger.com all seem very serious- the bloggers here have an actual purpose. The ones I have used are very, how do you say?- scatterbrained and not very purpose-y. But then, after a feminist blogger encouraged me to get one after an anonymous comment, I decided "What The Hell? I'll just type up the crap I write in my notebook about society. Maybe an intelligent highschool feminist perspective will be a welcome one."
And to be honest, I don't really have an opportunity to rant about my feminist thoughts to my peers. My friends all basically agree with me, on some points, and others just don't care and think I'm weirder than before I started ranting. What they have in common is that they don't have a firm understanding on feminism, gay rights, and all these other issues. Even my teachers think feminists are "Mean, hairy old ladies".
And my feminist views are purely accidental. My parents were trying to being me up to be cautious, and to find a "happy medium". Being outspoken, curious and rebellious, even at age 8, I wanted to know why they were warning me about men, religion and politics. Soooo?
I found out. And became a feminist. And became a gay-rights advocate after being teased mercilessly by school mates for being a lesbian- at the age of 10.
My mum thinks I'm wasting time on these things when I should be working on school work. My mum wishes I wasn't so outspoken about my opinions. My dad yells at me for not listening to him, when he doesn't listen to me.
So I am going to use this to publish my jabber-rant-rambles about everything that gets me riled up.
Gracious, I hope I don't abandon this thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hey, hey
ReplyDeleteawsomeness, really good to see this. Good to know that the next generation (cos I'm ancient at 28!)as it were are still fighting for whats right. my lj name is standingstone if you are interested.
As to your parents . I think it's really good you have an independant spirit. Education is about far more than school. Don't let them grind you down or knock the fight our of you.
probably you will get trolled but dont let them get you down either.
One thing i would say is that I am really uncomfortable with the word whore used in that context (or any context actualy) because of how it is used to compleatly marginalise women
Welcome to blogger!
ReplyDelete"Maybe an intelligent highschool feminist perspective will be a welcome one."
It certainly will LBS - I, for one, am looking forward to reading your 'jabber-rant-rambles'. :)
I'm with nectarine on the "whore" thing, too.