Saturday, May 20, 2006

Quick Lesson (Old Rant from November 6, 2005)

Orignally posted on Livejournal:

Here's a quick little lesson in mental disorders.

THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE HABITS THAT ARE EASY TO QUIT WITH A "STRONG MIND" AND "GOOD FRIENDS".

You are Genetically Indisposed and/or an Experience makes you more suseptible to it. There is no changing it. You always have it. It takes severe and intense therapy and possibly medication to make is managable. And even that doesn't work too often.

And triggers? Yea, you can't help those. When your mind connects an object or image to an emotion and event that sends you off the edge, all you can do is either take the meds you have been given for those triggers, or ride it out and get any sort of comfort you fucking possibly can.

Anyone who says you "Chose your disorder" or "You Pick your Triggers" or it just takes "A little effort to change it." Is. A. Fucking. Retard.

You can't choose your disorder, you can't pick your triggers, and it takes a shit load of will power most people don't have, and never will have.

So please, for the love of god, before you tell me it's my own fault for freaking out in a crowded room surrounded by strangers, or for seeing a picture of what looks like people being beaten, remember, I CAN'T HELP THIS WITHOUT PROFESSIONAL HELP, SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE.

And on a more bitter note, I do NOT have good friends, because they obviously don't know shit about psychology, and will hurt me with their idiotic grasps at mental disorders. Yes, I mean you [Person who I am no longer angry at].

Don't you dare say you were trying to help me, because you are so freakin misinformed and closed minded it isn't even FUNNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment