I've been able to read my feminist blogs again, without feeling TOO bitter (still having issues with BB's, but that can be expected, that is where I got burned...) and a lot of things have been brought to my attention as "importante subjects" (say that with a spanish accent)
Abortion, Dieting, Porn and Beauty Regimines.
Since I like the shockers first, Let me start with Abortion:
Mi Madre had an abortion. When we were having our weeklong debacle over sexuality, we argued over the importance and how identity meshed sexuality & abortion was, and then mom told me she had an abortion. It was a real eye opener, I tell yah.
Today I heard this dumbass talk about this other girl who "took too many abortion pills and now she's shitting out the fetus".
Uhm, EXCUSE ME? That's not how it WORKS babydoll. By "abortion pills" you mean RU485 (or some number like that), This is how it works: A set number of pills and 2 days to a week of cramping out the fetal tissue. There's no such thing as "too many abortion pills" as they don't give you "too many". They give you what you need, and not much else, as those fuckers can kill ya if you take to many of 'em.
If, by abortion pills, you mean Emergency Contraception, then A) They are NOT abortion pills, they are contraception, and the prevent zygotes from sticking to the uterine walls. B) If this girl DID take them while she was pregnant, it would cause a misscarriage or stillbirth, depending on the time the fetus was in there. And then the whole damn thing would come out- not "fingers and shit".
And you can't "shit out fetus bits"!!!
And even IF the death of the fetus DIDN'T cause immediate expelling contractions, she would have gone to the DOCTOR, who would have INDUCED the fucker.
*rolls eyes* My peers, I swear.
Shocker Duex: Porn.
Mixed feelings. I'm a heavy lover of smutty fanfiction and yaoi. It's not the same as the Porn many are fighting for/against, but it's still porn-y. I'll sit back and clutch my smut and hope no one yells at me for it....
Shocker thr33: Dieting
Also mixed feelings. I like being thin, because I love ballet and dance,and long limbs and willowy figures are GOOD for rhythm and such. Ribbony movements and the like. Now, I can see how many people see it as a bad thing, as the current craze is that of "Big Breasted Anorexics" and I gotta tell you one thing: I don't look anorexic, and it's not my fault my boobs are big. I don't like 'em. They get in the way of archery...
Also, eating disorders run in my family, and it's kinda creepy looking at food and wondering if you yourself will develop a complex over it, thus developing a complex over developing a complex.
Shocker Four: Beauty Regimines.
I hate pimples. I like silky legs (they are REALLY fun to touch!!) I don't like sweaty armpits, and smelling MILDLY of body is okay (yay dove!) I don't like split ends and dry hair, and unibrows or lady moustaches. Which is why I submit to scrubbings, shaving, freaky hair care regimes and once or twice a month get dragged kicking and screaming to the waxer (sensitive skin...)
And THEN, I wear my baggy ass clothes that cover EVERYTHING, tie up my hair except for some loose bangs and go muck around in whatever project I'm working on and get paint all over my face.
I feel clean when I do all those things. I don't show them off, I just feel less grimy. I don't wear make up (grimy and oily!!), I wear low-maintenance glasses, and I looove jeans and boots and baggy cotton tees. I don't look like your average teenage girl who GETS all these things done- I pull a 4.1 GPA, I take no shit from my male peers and I dress rather conservatively, except when I feel rather confident that I don't look hideous.
When it comes to beauty regimes, I am not much of a feminist. I don't care what you do, as long as you are clean and fresh and don't smell malodorous. Don't shave, shave, make up, no make up, skimpy clothes, no skin showing, I don't care. (well, I will look at you funny if you have a lot of makeup on and not a lot of clothes)
Meh, I don't care much for excuses on my liking to shave and getting all this shit done. My last name means "Child of the Wolf" I'm a dark, hairy girl, and dark hair DOES NOT make me comfortable in the least! (Lucky fuzzy blonde girls!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Y'know what's interesting? I preferred "silky" legs on myself until some time after I met my boyfriend.
ReplyDeleteHe's hairy, but it fades in & out all over his body. For example, he doesn't have a patch of armpit hair surrounded by invisible tricep-type hair. Nope...his armpit hair fades up, down, & sideways into other brown hair, which THEN fades into less frequency and finally into tricep-type invisible hair.
It's the same for all the other parts of his body where men often get hair.
So there's no start-and-stop. It all just fades in & fades out. And I LOVE it. I don't mind the hair when there's no abruptness to it.
Well, after just thinking, "Okay, well, this is is good hair--as good of hair as being not-hairy," I went to, "I want hair! Not-hairy's no good! I like the feeling of hair!"
I just got so...used to his skin...that I started to feel like my skin was odd when silky.
As the weather got colder & I was out of clean skirts, anyway, I wore pants for a month & didn't shave. Once my hair was grown all the way out, I agreed with Laura (over at "I'm not a feminist, but..." and with BB (I don't remember which post either of these two wrote it in) that there was something...smoother than silk?...about hair that'd grown out all the way. Not 3-weeks growth. That's still...fresh...enough to pop outwards. But once it's really down flat and at its full length it can get to before it falls out, it gets to a point where I like it even better than silk. I know, because I tried it--I shaved last month.
Oh, and I swing dance, and sometimes I do go out in a skirt now, and people don't seem to notice. My hair also seems to be less visible once it's all at full length, lying down in the same direction and such.
So yeah, I don't want to comment on your taste, but I just thought you might be intrigued by the story of someone who felt the exact same way (silky legs for me when I have the time, even if I hide them!) but came to feel, first by getting acclimated to it on someone else's body, that another "fabric" felt better than silk.