We were talking about the recent elections in my astronomy class today. And yet again, I am astounded at the irresponsibility of my peers.
Two of my friends are old enough to vote- One voted republican (ick ick ick!) and the other voted independant (and put stupid ass people in the spaces).
ASIDE from the IDIOCY of voting republican, they spoke of how they didn't like democrats for wanting to pull out of Iraq quickly, and for wanting to raise the taxes.
I heard that and my jaw dropped. In my house, we don't like taxes for one reason: They take up too much damn time. After that, they're all good. When corporations run our medical facilities, our schools, our social security programs, that's when everything gets unfair and unequal. Capitalism's core beleif is 'the survival of the fittest'- and when the weak are the ones primarily needing and USING these facilities, it kind of negates the whole purpose of our institutions, no?
Which is why I don't mind high taxes. I can live on a low budget. It's not hard. High gas prices? I'll ride public transport. Losing a chunk of my paycheck to the gov't? Well, if I don't have to worry about health insurance and retirement, It's all fine and dandy! With high taxes, a smart gov't would direct it to the school systems, and to medical care, to social security funds. If we turn to a more socialist government, we don't have to freak out over our weak, our poor. England is doing well for itself, as is Canada, and their taxes are 30-50% of their pay!
And when you think about it, doesn't that much *go* to your various insurances anyway?
And with the pulling out of Iraq quickly, well, I don't CARE if it's "another Vietnam", we need to get the hell out of there!!
To many of my friends fathers have died or been seriously injured there, we (as a country) already look like asses in front of the UN, and god fucking damnit, we should have pulled out when we realized there were NEVER any weapons of mass destruction. We have been in Iraq unnecisarally since I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL.
7TH GRADE!!
4-5ish Years of UNNECISSARY WAR
WE ARE FUCKING IDIOTS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment