I like hapazard organization, it's home-y. Now I'm lounging in my desk, with the keys hooked to my new bungie wallet (pictures to be taken later, same for my gallery display) trying to get my heart rate down. The thing with adrenaline is that it gives you a wam feeling that isn't sweaty- it's that artery-widening effect I think. Or constriction. I dunno. Just does something to the circulatory system that makes you warmer.
These kinds of freakouts are common, and like to take place during inconvenient times, like in the middle of a class or night when people are to be focused on something else, and you must be SILENT.
Anyhow, while I've been in CMU, I've started to read other people's books, because I have only brought two of my own and they were finished very promptly. So I read the players guide for the 3.5 version of D&D, Memoirs of a geisha, a collection of Cathy sunday strips, and a quasi-satire book called Humans, detailing our strange habits in the eyes of aliens. An anthropology book if you will.
Currently I'm attacking a book called
It also got me thinking on patriotism. when I was little, I read in the newspaper (it was my old fashioned version of the internet, first I'd check the funnies, then I'd see if there was anything I'd find interesting) that some people thought that the Star Spangled Banner portrayed America as a violent, war-loving country. That made me upset, because at that age, The only war I had been aware of was the vietnam war that took place so much earlier, before my birth. AGES ago, it seemed. War was bad, and I did not like war, and I liked America, because I lived there. If Where I lived portrayed an image of Loving Something Bad, then I did not want that to continue. I began to like 'My Country 'Tis of Thee" and "God Bless America" a whole lot more. When I was informed that the founding fathers owned slaves, I was put off and felt ashamed of them. Also, to learn that Thomas Jefferson had put down his wife in her pleas to include women in the terms of the Constitution and Bill of Rights had upset me. I was proud of my country until I grew older and began to come across information that pointed out the horrors of my nation. Fourth Of July soon was unable to make me feel good about America, as it had when I was in primary school.
But as i get into the middle of the book, I tend to disagree more with the author. Now, I may be wrong, but it seemed to me, that at one point her said that feminism was irrelevant to modern society. I could be taking out of context, but basically, his book with downhill from there. (Him being Bernard Goldberd) anyway, I'm tired and will leave this blog at the word(s):

Here are some links that I believe will be interested
ReplyDelete