I've been browsing the blog "Real Men are Not" and I found a blog describing the primal ways of men. You know, stereotypically. The author is describing an article one of his classmates wrote, and it starts out "I like my liquour hard, my women cheap and my cars fast".
I have a counter one!
"I'm a simple girl, I like my booz cheap, my flunkies male and my comics perverted"
There we go! A simple way to describe me in as many syllables as the male described!
I also like my men hard, but that's because I'm goofy and also "one of the guys"
I have always been, "One of the Guys", because being "one of the girls" hurts like hell. (Fuck Waxing!) So what does it mean when I trade in my feminine stereotype with a fratboy stereotype? (I admit, I am very, very fratty) Am I Dyke-ish? Am I even a "Real Woman?"
Well, considering there's a whole SUBCULTURE for women like me, who trade in the delicate submissive female stereotype for the rough-and-tumble, fight hard, drink hard, dork-out lifestyle, I think I'm one of the infamous "exceptions".
I'm a Ladette! Yes, I have boobs, I wear my hair long, and I'd get arrested for walking around topless, but if you point out these facts and make it seem like I'm weak because of it, I'll slug ya!
I'm a long way from being a "true ladette" (only because mum throws out my baggy stuff) But hey! I'm already considered an equal to my dorky, insane guyfriends.
Go me.
It's confusing, I know. Compartmentalizing is an awkward, weird thing and honestly, I have no idea how I can shuck all stereotypes. Nhilism didn't work the first time you know. Maybe if we let us fall into whatever stereotypes we wish for?
I'm happy with my fratboy stereotype. Are you happy with yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment